Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Service Academies. The honor of attending a service academy comes with the obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation.
Members of Congress may nominate candidates for appointment to four of the five U.S. Service Academies:
- U.S. Military Academy (USMA), West Point, NY
- U.S. Naval Academy (USNA), Annapolis, MD
- U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA), Colorado Springs, CO
- U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA), Kings Point, NY
The fifth service academy, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy (USCGA), New London, CT, does not require a congressional nomination for appointment
Minimum requirements for nomination:
- Applicants must be between the ages of 17 and not past their 23rd birthday as of July 1 of the year the applicant would enter the academy.
- Applicants must be unmarried.
- Applicants must not be pregnant or have a legal obligation to support children or other dependents.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
Applications for nomination to the U.S. Service Academies – Class of 2023 – may be submitted starting August 1, 2018. The deadline for submission of an application is the close of business on Monday, October 29, 2018.
More general information can be found by clicking here. The application form is here.
If interested in applying for a nomination from our office, please contact Elizabeth Hazekamp, Academy Coordinator, at (651) 846-2122.