Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Service Academies. The honor of attending a service academy comes with the obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation.
Members of Congress may nominate candidates for appointment to four of the five U.S. Service Academies:
- U.S. Military Academy (USMA), West Point, NY
- U.S. Naval Academy (USNA), Annapolis, MD
- U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA), Colorado Springs, CO
- U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA), Kings Point, NY
The fifth service academy, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy (USCGA), New London, CT, does not require a congressional nomination for appointment
Minimum requirements for nomination:
- Applicants must be between the ages of 17 and not past their 23rd birthday as of July 1 of the year the applicant would enter the academy.
- Applicants must be unmarried.
- Applicants must not be pregnant or have a legal obligation to support children or other dependents.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
Applications for nomination to the U.S. Service Academies – Class of 2023 – may be submitted starting August 1, 2018. The deadline for submission of an application is the close of business on Monday, October 29, 2018.
If interested in applying for a nomination from our office, please contact Elizabeth Hazekamp, Academy Coordinator, at (651) 846-2122.